Blue Lagoon, Vang Vieng, Laos: A complete guide to the crystal-clear oasis
The Blue Lagoon in Vang Vieng, Laos is a stunning natural pool with crystal clear turquoise water, surrounded by limestone cliffs and lush greenery. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Vang Vieng, and for good reason. The Blue Lagoon is the perfect place to relax and unwind, or to enjoy some of the many activities that are available, such as swimming, kayaking, and ziplining.
Why is the water in the Blue Lagoon so clear and blue?
The water in the Blue Lagoon is filtered by the limestone rocks that surround it. The limestone rocks absorb impurities in the water, leaving it crystal clear. The blue color of the water is caused by the scattering of sunlight by the water molecules.
Things to do at the Blue Lagoon
Here are some of the things you can do at the Blue Lagoon:
- Swim: The water in the Blue Lagoon is perfect for swimming. It is clean and refreshing, and the depth is shallow enough for most people to stand up in.
- Sunbathe: The Blue Lagoon is a great place to sunbathe. There are plenty of rocks and ledges to sit on, and the sun shines brightly most of the day.
- Relax: The Blue Lagoon is a great place to relax and unwind. You can sit on the rocks and listen to the birds sing, or take a nap in the sun.
- Kayak: You can rent a kayak from one of the many shops near the Blue Lagoon and explore the surrounding area. There are a number of caves and other interesting features to see.
- Zipline: There is a zipline that crosses the Blue Lagoon. You can zipline from one side of the lagoon to the other and enjoy the stunning views.
The Blue Lagoon is located about 4 kilometers from Vang Vieng town. You can get to the Blue Lagoon by tuk-tuk, motorbike, or bicycle.
There is a small entrance fee to the Blue Lagoon. The entrance fee is 20,000 Lao kip for adults and 10,000 Lao kip for children.
Tips for visiting the Blue Lagoon
Here are some tips for visiting the Blue Lagoon:
- The best time to visit the Blue Lagoon is in the morning or late afternoon, when the sun is not too strong.
- Be sure to bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and a hat.
- Bring your own towel and swimsuit.
- There are a few restaurants and bars near the Blue Lagoon, but it is a good idea to bring your own food and drinks, as they can be expensive.
- Be respectful of the environment and do not leave any litter behind.
The Blue Lagoon is a beautiful and peaceful place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Laos. It is a must-visit for anyone traveling to Vang Vieng.
- If you are planning on doing any activities, such as kayaking or ziplining, be sure to book them in advance.
- The Blue Lagoon can get crowded, especially on weekends and holidays. If you are looking for a more peaceful experience, try to visit during the week or early in the morning.
- There are a number of guesthouses and resorts located near the Blue Lagoon, if you want to stay overnight.
- The Blue Lagoon is a great place to take photos. Be sure to bring your camera!
I hope this blog post has been helpful. If you have any questions about the Blue Lagoon, please feel free to leave a comment below.